CoolSculpting Or LiposuctionApril 1, 2022
The Information You Need to Decide Which Fat Reduction Technique Is Right For You
Diet and exercise are great, but they can’t target or spot treat fat loss. Genetics, age, and a number of other factors can get in the way of seeing your goals fulfilled. Luckily, you have excellent fat reduction options available to you at Donaldson Plastic Surgery! Two of the most popular are CoolSculpting (the non-surgical option) and liposuction (the more intensive, surgical strategy).
Below, you will find a clear breakdown of each type of treatment as you continue to build the perfect plan to achieve your personal body goals!
- Timeframe for Results: 6-8 weeks
- Cost: $1,400 – (in some cases, up to $5,000)
- Ideal Candidate: Wants to target a set of specific areas of stubborn fat
- Areas Targeted: Abs, love handles/flanks, belly fat, arms, thighs (inner & outer), neck, under the chin, underarm fat, bra fat, back fat, banana roll (area under buttocks)
- Downtime: None
- Recovery Time: None
- Recovery Intensity: Light tingling & numbness for 48 hours up to one week
- Aftercare Intensity: None
- Scarring: No
- Credentials Needed: Advanced CoolSculpting Certification
- Total Consultations Necessary: 1 (can be virtual)
- Additional Benefits: Non-invasive bodysculpting, relaxing treatment in the office
- Timeframe for Results: 2-4 weeks (immediate changes, but with swelling)
- Cost: $4,000 (lowest end) & up depending on the number of areas targeted & total fat volume
- Ideal Candidate: Within 30% of goal bodyweight
- Areas Targeted: Anywhere you can pinch fat on the body (varies by person)
- Downtime: 2-4 days
- Recovery Time: Activity restrictions for 2-4 weeks
- Recovery Intensity: Consistent rest for the first several days, soreness during this time is normal. Prescription medication may be recommended.
- Aftercare Intensity: May need assistance changing garments, taking meds, etc. for the first few days
- Scarring: As minimal and discreet as possible
- Credentials Needed: Medical Doctor (board-certified plastic surgeon preferred)
- Total Consultations Necessary: two (one virtual, one in-person)
- Additional Benefits: easily combined with other surgical treatments (ex. tummy tuck, fat grafting, and more) for more benefit
We Can Help You Decide Which Option Is Best For You
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, the fat reduction experts at Donaldson Plastic Surgery have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to both surgical liposuction and non-surgical CoolSculpting treatments. They will work with you – one-on-one – to further understand your personal goals and determine which path forward will help you achieve those goals in a timely manner (like before the big wedding or that next beach vacation)!