Mole Removal Columbus, Ohio
Cosmetic Mole Removal Surgery By Trusted Professionals
We understand that moles can be a source of discomfort and self-consciousness for some patients. That’s why we offer noncancerous mole removal surgery in Columbus, Ohio — a straightforward, in-office procedure that is safe, effective and requires little-to-no downtime. Our team also performs skin tag removal if requested.
Meet Stacie Isler, PA-C: Our Mole Removal Expert
Mole removal is a simple procedure that is performed in our office by our experienced provider, Stacie Isler, PA-C. The procedure can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to complete depending on the size, depth and location of the mole. Stacie uses an excision method to remove the blemish; instead of freezing the mole, removal is done with a laser or a surgical-grade scalpel. She is conscious of how the area will look after the mole is gone and uses her precision to greatly minimize the possibility of scarring.
Once the mole is successfully removed, bioabsorbable stitches will be placed to close the treated area and the area will be sterilized once again.
FAQs About Mole Removal
- The mole is causing physical discomfort or irritation, such as itching or bleeding.
- The mole is located in an area where it is frequently bumped or rubbed, increasing the risk of injury or infection.
- The mole has changed in size, shape or color, which may indicate a potential skin cancer or pre-cancerous lesion.*
- The mole is cosmetically undesirable, affecting the person’s self-esteem or confidence.
Note: We do not perform cancerous mole removal.
Like any surgical procedure, mole removal may leave a scar. However, Stacie uses advanced surgical techniques and careful attention to detail to mitigate this risk. In most cases, the scar from mole removal will be barely noticeable or easily concealed with makeup or clothing.
We will also provide you with a customized skincare regimen to reduce scars and promote optimal healing.
- Before Scheduling: You will first meet with Stacie or another trusted member of our team to discuss your medical history, the details of the procedure and any potential risks or complications.
- Days Leading Up To The Procedure: You may be asked to stop taking certain medications, such as blood thinners, to reduce the risk of bleeding during the procedure.
- The Day of Your Procedure: You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and avoid wearing makeup or other cosmetic products on or around the treatment site.
- Moments Before Extraction: We will first cleanse and prepare the area to reduce any risk of infection. We then numb the area to ensure a more comfortable experience. The numbing agent can take 10 – 30 minutes to take full effect.
After the procedure, you may experience some minor discomfort, swelling and redness at the treatment site. These symptoms usually subside within a few days, and you can return to your normal activities within a week. Our team will ensure the treated area is safely covered before you leave our office.
The healing process after mole removal varies depending on the size and location of the mole along with the specific technique used to remove it. In general, most patients can expect to see significant improvement within a week of the procedure, with full healing taking several weeks to one month.
During the healing process, it is important to keep the treatment site clean and dry and to avoid exposing it to sunlight or other sources of UV radiation. Stacie will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your skin and reduce the risk of complications.
At Donaldson, We Understand That The Little Things Matter
If you are considering mole removal, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Stacie Isler — Columbus, Ohio’s mole removal and skin tag removal expert. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of care and helping you achieve the healthy, beautiful skin you deserve!
The Latest From Stacie
Mole Removal By A Plastic Surgery Practice
Choosing a reputable plastic surgery and aesthetics practice for your mole removal procedure improves the chances of a more aesthetically pleasing result.
Stress Incontinence Treatments For Women
There are a number of effective surgical procedures, safe nonsurgical treatments and easy-to-adopt lifestyle changes that can help to reduce the symptoms of stress incontinence in women.