Microneedling Post-Procedure Instructions
Everything You Need To Know After Your Treatment
You’ve just completed your most recent microneedling session in our medspa and you’re likely experiencing some mild swelling on top of the anticipation for the incredible results that are on their way. This page is dedicated to answering the questions you have as you recover while showing you what you can do today to further enhance and protect your results.
What You Should Have At Home To Aid In Recovery:
- A broad-spectrum, mineral-based sunblock with at least SPF 30
- Advil or Tylenol as necessary for discomfort
- Ice packs to minimize swelling
- Tatjana Ultra Gentle Cleanser
- Environ A, C & E Oil
- Water with electrolytes
It Is Completely Normal To Experience The Following:
- Skin flaking and itchiness
- Dry skin
- The look and feel of a sunburn for 1 – 3 days
These effects should subside on their own within five or seven days. In rare cases, it may take up to 2 weeks for the symptoms to completely resolve — but this is not a cause for concern. The treated area might temporarily look darker, and this darkened skin may peel off within a week. Chest and other body microneedling treatments, in particular, can take a little longer to heal due to the increased depth into the skin.
Our Recommended Post-Procedure Skincare Products
Tatjana Ultra-Gentle Cleanser
Our ultra-gentle cleanser is part of our in-house skincare line of products, designed specifically to lightly cleanse the skin after your treatment. We recommend using this product in the morning and before bed.
Environ A, C & E Oil
This product contains a high concentration of vitamins necessary to nourish and hydrate the skin, while aiding in the healing process and compounding the positive effects of your treatment. We recommend using this product as needed for the first three days after your session; this does not include the day of the treatment.
Wash the treated area gently twice a day with Tatjana Ultra Gentle Cleanser and tepid water. Apply the Environ A, C & E Oil as often as needed for the initial three days. Advil or Tylenol can be used to help manage lingering discomfort.
What You Should Avoid After Your Treatment
- Do not pick or exfoliate the area; allow the old skin to flake off naturally.
- Avoid the sun for at least 24 hours after your treatment, and ideally for up to two weeks. If you need to be in the sun briefly (like driving or walking to your car), use a sunblock with SPF 30 or higher and wear a protective hat.
- Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals or products on the treated areas for at least one week.
- Minimize sweating by avoiding jacuzzis, saunas, steam baths, hot showers and strenuous exercise for 5 – 7 days.
- Makeup should not be applied for 12 hours after your treatment.
Avoid Alcohol To Improve Recovery Times
We highly recommend patients avoid alcohol for 24 hours before their treatment and for up to 48 hours after. Alcohol thins the blood, dries the skin and can prolong or complicate the healing process.
Everything You Should Do After Your Treatment
- Wash the treated area gently twice a day with Tatjana Ultra Gentle Cleanser and tepid water.
- Apply the Environ A, C & E Oil as often as needed for the initial three days.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated slightly to reduce swelling.
Contact Us Immediately If You Are Experiencing Any Of The Following Unusual Symptoms:
- Excessive swelling
- Signs of infection (foul smell, increased pain, pus and/or fever)