Introducing The Perfect Derma PeelFebruary 24, 2023
Our Medspa’s Mid-Depth Chemical Peel That Is Safe For All Skin Tones
We are incredibly excited to introduce our newest medspa treatment, The Perfect Derma Peel. This mid-depth chemical peel is non-invasive and its powerful ingredients work together to improve skin texture, tone and overall appearance. And the best part? It can safely and effectively treat all Fitzpatrick types!
What Does The Perfect Derma Peel Address?
This peel is designed to transform your skin by addressing a variety of cosmetic concerns including:
- Fine lines
- Sun damage
- Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Other common signs of aging
What To Expect From Your Visit
The skin is first cleansed and degreased with 100% acetone to ensure a clean and clear surface. The peel application takes about 15 minutes. While the first pass can be a little uncomfortable at first due to the skin being sensitive from cleaning, the ingredient “phenol” will quickly numb the skin and the remainder of the treatment will be painless!
We ask that patients pause their retinol usage three days before their treatment.
What You Can Expect After Your Treatment
All patients leave with a Take Home Kit that includes two post-peel towelettes (containing retinoic acid, vitamin C and Glutathione), a moisturizer with 1% hydrocortisone and a mineral SPF.
At first, your skin will appear bronzed due to the color of the chemical peel. The active ingredients will self-neutralize after six hours and we ask that you do not touch the treated areas during this time — which means no skincare or makeup. The peel can actually be left on overnight if you can tolerate the discomfort that is sometimes associated with it.
It is crucial that you avoid sweating, saunas or heavy exercise during the week-long peeling process — especially during the first 72 hours after the treatment. The irritation that comes with sweat can result in blistering on this freshly exposed skin.
The Peeling Timeline:
- Day 1 — The peel is administered at our medspa
- Day 2 — Cleanse in the morning, vigorously apply the first towelette, wait 1 hour then apply SPF; cleanse again in the evening and vigorously apply the second towelette
- Day 3 — Peeling begins and we urge you to do your best to not pick at the flaking skin as this can leave your sensitive skin exposed; use your moisturizer as needed
- 1 week for Caucasian skin
- 2 weeks for Asian/Hispanic/African American skin
- Day 7 — Skin peeling ends
While one treatment may be enough to address some lighter pigmentation issues, we often recommend a package of three treatments to achieve the greatest results.
Glutathione: The Powerhouse Ingredient That Makes The Perfect Derma Peel Stand Above The Rest
Many chemical peels on the market have similar ingredients — and for good reason: they work! The Perfect Derma Peel possesses many of these same components with the addition of Glutathione. This well-documented, anti-aging antioxidant is produced naturally in the liver but the amount we produce diminishes over time due to aging, sun exposure and stress.
This ingredient uniquely fights back against free radical damage, bolsters cellular health and actually inhibits the production of melanin for clearer, brighter skin.
The Perfect Derma Peel is the only chemical peel that contains Glutathione that is currently available.
Other Active Ingredients Within This Chemical Peel Include:
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) — exfoliates & stimulates collagen production
- Phenol — traps free radicals, exfoliates & numbs
- Retinoic Acid — increases cell turnover
- Salicylic Acid — clears clogged pores
- Vitamin C — an antioxidant that brightens skin & protects against UV damage
- Kojic Acid — an antibacterial agent that suppresses pigment
Boosters Are Available To Enhance Your Results
- The Clear Booster — contains benzoyl peroxide and hydrocortisone
- The Plus Booster — contains a stronger potency of all peel ingredients
- The Plus Plus Booster — contains 4% hydroquinone and 1% hydrocortisone
Note: We typically will not start with a booster; instead, we will see how a patient’s skin first responds to the power of this peel.
Additional Treatments Can Be Used In Tandem To Enhance Results
We offer a number of aesthetic treatments that can be combined to help you get the most out of your chemical peel. In fact, we highly recommend this peel to patients who may be hesitant to partake in some of our more aggressive treatments.
Some of these procedures and services should be spaced out to give your skin a chance to fully heal. They include:
- Botox/Filler — 3 days before or 7-10 days after
- Lasers — 4 weeks before or after
- Microneedling — 4 weeks before or after
- DiamondGlow — Can do same day if the patient has more resilient skin (not ideal for sensitive or first-time peel patients)
Who Shouldn’t Get The Perfect Derma Peel?
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with an aspirin allergy
- Individuals who have used Accutane use in the past 4 months
- Anyone with open wounds, sunburn or infections in the treated area
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy
- Patients with a weakened immune system
Get The Glow You’ve Been Looking For!
You can achieve a youthful, radiant look with The Perfect Derma Peel — all without the potential downtime associated with some of the more invasive treatments that we offer. At Donaldson Plastic Surgery, we are truly dedicated to helping our patients achieve their aesthetic goals, and The Perfect Derma Peel is just one of the many ways we can help you look and feel your best.
About The Author
Nikki Rucinsky is a leading Medical Aesthetician at Donaldson Plastic Surgery. She specializes in skincare product consultations and aesthetic treatments to help patients look and feel their best. Nikki played a direct role in researching, testing and making the final decision on adopting The Perfect Derma Peel at our practice. She is an active consumer of the treatments she offers and hopes to inform more patients about the power of chemical peels.