As we get older, many of us become more aware and critical of our own facial features. As a result, many people feel compelled to take control of their appearance and start doing research about plastic surgery. One aspect that is most carefully researched is recovery time. This can be a deterrent for patients who want treatment but either (1) cannot take the necessary time-off from work or (2) fear that the bruising after surgery will look too obvious and will compromise their privacy.
Chin liposuction is an outpatient procedure that has a relatively short recovery time of five days, and many patients report that their pain never extends beyond a one or two in severity out of a possible ten. Patients must still be careful to not overexert themselves during their recovery, because an increase in heart rate and blood pressure can lead to swelling and bruising. Here are steps that patients can take in order to enhance recovery:
1. Avoid heavy lifting or bending down for prolonged periods.
2. Keep the head elevated, even when resting and sleeping.
3. Wear a chin strap to maintain gentle compression.
4. Avoid medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and other blood thinners.
5. Avoid supplements such as Vitamin E and fish oil.
Plastic surgeons are constantly evolving sophisticated techniques to minimize recovery time; moreover, patients can assist by following these simple steps!